Monday, August 30, 2010

A Tiffany Style Sweet 16 Party - Part III

I just completed the final items for the upcoming Tiffany-themed Sweet 16 party. Both of the items are appropriately related to sweets....cupcakes to be exact. The planning of this party has been going on for months - all of the events leading up to now can be found here and here.

Tayler, the birthday girl, decided to serve jumbo cupcakes for dessert. She wants to have a nice, distinctive wrapper around the base of the cupcakes. I found a ton of gorgeous wrappers that would be perfect, except for the fact that they only fit standard size cupcakes. Out of desperation I turned to the Internet and found a site where they show how to make cupcake wrappers out of doilies. So I gave it a shot ...



I really liked the doily option - easy to make and inexpensive. However, my husband took one look at it and stated that the doily did not fit the theme of the party. It kills me to admit that the unsolicited advice from my non-event planning husband was spot on. So, I put together another wrapper that did get his seal of approval. What do you think?



Finally, I had to figure out a way to jazz up the gigantic cupcake stand that I received looking like this:



I decided to mimic the look of the invitation by painting the stand tiffany blue and wrapping white ribbon around it.



I also added a round buckle on each tier like the buckles on the invitation...



The party is only three weeks away, so I'll post pics from the actual event soon.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that cupcake stand is beyoooond gorgeous!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

I love this stand, Kristin. Polished and beautiful! The cupcake wrap is perfect!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Hey Amy & Kristy - Thanks for the super sweet comments...I feel much better about my first attempt at cupcake stand decorating!

Melissa Marini said...

Pretty Cool. I will call you soon.

Brittany Schwaigert said...

LOVE this stand!

Dacia said...

Love the stand!

Nancy said...

wow that looks so great, I love the buckle detail, definitely makes it look like Tiffany's! Saw you over at CSI, good luck!

kim west said...

it's so awesome..the finishing touches just put it over the top!

Josalyn said...

What a fantastic idea! So elegant!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Wow - thanks so much for the nice comments! The party took place last weekend and it was amazing...I'll be posting pics later in the week.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

WOW!!! It would fit right in on 5th Avenue. :) You did a fabulous job! Stopping by as this week's CSI Judge. :)

Karie said...

I love the cupcake stand. Very nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Where can I purchase the large cupcake stand? I'm having a Tiffany inspired wedding in May and would love to copy your design. Super cute!!!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Hi Destinee -

I bought the stand from this website:
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

I hope this helps and congrats on your wedding!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com