Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Out of all the cool experiences that I've had in 2010, I would have to say that working on the East Coast/West Coast Tablescape Challenge for the Children's Party Network had the biggest impact on me for a couple of reasons. First, being new on the scene, I was incredibly honored to be asked to participate alongside established party people. Second, the challenge forced me to try different crafting techniques (like my new favorite thing - embossing) that are now a part of my repertoire.

My contribution to the challenge (that we won by the way - go Team East!) were the invitations. Since it is New Year's Eve, I thought it would be fun to show you the initial drafts that I created before committing to the final design - enjoy!

Just to refresh your memory, the challenge was to create black & white themed items for a children's New Year's Eve party. However, our team was further challenged to incorporate the Sunday comics into the designs as well - no pressure!

Design #1: Cartoon Callout Clouds



Design #2: Blinged-out Mickey Clock



Design #3: Old School B&W Mickey Mouse Cartoons



Design #4: My homage to a Jordan Ferney design





The Final Design - pictures courtesy of Artistic Soul Photography:







Hope you have a fabulous holiday - I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!

1 comments:

LaToya said...

So many great designs!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com