Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Are You Ready for Super Bowl XLV?

Being a native of the great state of Wisconsin, I would be remiss if I did not dedicate a post to the beloved Green Bay Packers! This Sunday my home team will take the field in the hopes of winning yet another trophy in Super Bowl XLV. For everyone outside of the US, the Super Bowl is an annual sporting event in which two American football teams compete for the top honor. This Sunday it's the Packers versus the Pittsburgh Steelers - I can't wait!

A few months ago I created a post about hosting a football-themed party...you can check it out here. So I thought I would create some new ideas just in time for the Super Bowl.

Football Vase

Okay I know it's a guy's game, but there's no reason why the party space can't look pretty! I turned a chocolate brown Blumebox into a "football" by attaching textured scrapbook paper, white ribbon and shoelaces to it.



Cheeseheads
Wisconsin is primarily known for its cheese. When I moved to Georgia, I first caught flack for being a Yankee and then I was labeled a "cheesehead" - both of which I am very proud to be! On game day it is not uncommon to see Packer fans wearing cheeseheads like this...



So I thought it would be fun to give the beverages a similar look this Sunday...



But upon seeing the cheesehead-ed beer, my husband pointed out a glaring error: Yuengling is brewed in Pennsylvania, home of the Steelers. Oops! It was the only beer we had laying around the house - it will definitely be replaced by PBR on Sunday!



Brats in a Blanket

Tailgating at Lambeau Field would not be complete without two things - beer and bratwursts. So I'm planning to serve a variation on the traditional bun version of the bratwurst by making them bite-size. You can find a great recipe for brats in a blanket here. I also made flags to dress up the brat platter by printing out Packers logos and gluing them onto toothpicks.



Less is More Decor
Given the fact that most of the people coming to the party will really be there to watch the game, I want to have subtle decorations that won't be too distracting - I admit that the green and yellow color combo can be a bit much. I came across a really cool tutorial for making a graphic design that would be perfect for the understated look I want. Here's my first attempt at it...



And here is one way I plan to incorporate the look into the party...



If you are one of the thousands of people throwing a party this Sunday, I hope you have a fantastic event!

GO PACK GO!

7 comments:

Cate said...

Love the ideas! Especially the "cheesehead" beer bottle and the football vase. Very clever! I will be totally "steeling" these ideas but with a Steelers twist - love my Pittsburgh boys! Looking forward to a great game on Sunday.

Renee said...

Okay I jut had to comment since I'm a Steelers fan...I just might grab these ideas for my Superbowl party this Sunday!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Cathy & Renee - Thanks for the nice comments! I was a little worried I would offend Steelers fans, so it's good to hear that you'll be able to use some of the ideas at your parties!!

Rachel R. said...

Go, Pack, Go!

:)

Morgan said...

Great ideas! We are having a party on Sunday and I am going to use your little Cheesehead beer toppers. Thanks for the inspiration!

morganmadeit.net

Sara @ Mom Endeavors said...

Oh my goodness, how clever is that football vase?! Love it! Between this post and your first football themed party post, there are so many fun football ideas! I would LOVE to have you come link them up at the weekly football tailgate party! :) http://www.momendeavors.com/2011/09/college-football-saturday-tailgate-week-2.html

Sophia Mia said...

Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com