Thursday, September 1, 2011

DIY School Envelope System

It has taken most of my adult life for me to figure out that the key to stress-free living is organization! I now realize that everything should have a place to live - car keys, cell phone chargers, whatever. When there is a place for things to return to every time, then my life becomes way easier to manage.

Case in point, every time I had to send money into school with my sons it was always a major production because none of the things I needed (envelopes, pen, paper clips, etc) were ever right where they should be. Here's one example of a super simple system I now use when sending notes/money to school with my guys.

I'm sure you are all well aware of my hoarding issue by now. However, unlike the hoarders on TV, I actually use my hoarded items. I have an old calendar holder that I kept long after the calendar had expired. Here's how I converted the leftover board into a school envelope system.


In addition to the calendar holder, I also reused an old folder to hold the envelopes.


I simply cut out the shape of the flaps...


And then hot glued them onto the board.


I also cut an additional piece of the folder and attached it to the board to hold paper clips and binder clips.


Here's the finished product...


And here's the envelope that I made for school...


My guys have been in school for three weeks now and the envelope system is working like a charm...no stress!





Linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

5 comments:

Sally said...

I can't wait till my little one is old enough to go to school, so I can use this idea! It's both cut and brilliant =D

Anora said...

very nice...

Thank you for sharing this talent and art work. Its a very good idea...

Scavenger Hunt Idea

Anne said...

Cool. How did you make the envelopes?

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Hi Anne - I modified a template that I found in Microsoft Word. The first time I printed the template on a label sheet and attached it to the front of the envelope. But then I realized I could just run the envelope through the printer itself.

Sophia Mia said...

Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com